April 15, 2020
Western National Announces Personal Auto Premium Relief Program & Payment Flexibility
(Minneapolis, Minn.) Western National Insurance Group today announced a new Personal Auto Premium Relief Program in recognition of the fact that, among many other impacts of the COVID-19 situation, many Personal Auto policyholders are temporarily driving less as the result of “stay at home / shelter in place” orders. Western National will be offering premium relief in the amount of 15% on Personal Auto policyholders’ premiums for April and May.
The full details of that Personal Auto Premium Relief Program, which remains subject to regulatory approval, will be confirmed and communicated to policyholders and Independent Insurance Agency partners in the coming days.
In addition to this Personal Auto Premium Relief program, the following new programs have been put into place to ensure flexibility for customers of Western National:
- Through June 1, 2020, the company will not be canceling Personal Lines policies due to non-payment of premium.
- The company will work with every policyholder who needs premium billing relief to ensure flexibility (including the ability to change billing timing).
- In situations where a covered person who had previously been working inside a restaurant but now is required to provide delivery as part of their job uses their personal vehicle in the usually excluded business activity of delivering food, the company will continue to provide coverage under Personal Auto policies.
- Western National will not file any new rate increases for Personal Auto in any state through at least June 1, 2020.
- The Penalty Free Promise® for Personal Auto continues, meaning Western National customers will never see an increase related to a ticket or accident.
“While the COVID-19 situation has been challenging for everyone, we are confident that measures like these will help ensure that Western National customers’ obligations do not pose an undue burden during this difficult and uncertain time,” said Stuart Henderson, Chief Executive Officer. “We remain committed to working with our policyholders, agency partners, and employees to get through these challenges together.”
The actions above apply to customers of the following standard property-and-casualty companies: Western National Mutual Insurance Company and Umialik Insurance Company.
Western National Insurance, headquartered in Edina, Minn., is a super-regional group of property-and-casualty insurance companies providing personal and commercial coverage in 20 states across the Midwestern and Western U.S. as well as in Alaska; and surety bonds in 32 states. The Group writes over $660 million in Direct Premium through eight active insurance companies—Western National Mutual Insurance Company, Western National Assurance Company, Pioneer Specialty Insurance Company, Western Home Insurance Company, Arizona Auto Insurance Company, Umialik Insurance Company, American Freedom Insurance Company, and Nevada General Insurance Company—and through one affiliate, Michigan Millers Mutual Insurance Company. All of the Group’s products are sold exclusively through professional Independent Insurance Agents.
For further information, please contact:
Steve Norman, CPCU, M.A., AIT
Vice President – Communications & Customer Experience
(952) 921-5680 or (800) 862-6070 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org